Collecting personal information about you
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the services you request from us. However, it may include: Information you give us when you instruct or request something from us (such as when you become a member or respond to an invitation). This information will include your name, address, contact and payment details.
Communications between you and us. We also collect some information from you when you use our website www.4a.com.au. Some of this information will not be personal information because it will not reveal your identity. The only personal information which we collect about you when you use our website is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online form when you accept an invitation, or information you provide to us when you send us an email. We will record your email address if you send us an email.
Collection of anonymous information
Like most websites, we track usage patterns on our website on an anonymous aggregate basis. Your identity cannot reasonably be ascertained from this information. Each time you visit our website a web server makes a record of your visit. Specifically, it records your: Internet Provider Date and time of your visit Pages accessed and the documents downloaded Search items entered Referring URLs (universal locators)
Using and disclosing your personal information
We respect your privacy. Any personal information that we collect about you will be used and disclosed by us only so that we can provide you with the products and services that you have requested, or otherwise to enable us to carry out our function as an arts centre.
We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about other services offered by us (such as workshops and artist talks). If you would prefer not to receive this information, please let us know and we will respect your request. We may disclose your personal information to our service entities and contract out some of our functions (such as a mailing house) to external service providers. We may disclose your personal information to these external service providers but only so that they can provide the services that we have contracted out to them.
Emails you receive from us regarding news, exhibitions and events
We may use a tracking code that allows us to collect personal information about you, such as whether you received and opened an email, and whether you clicked through to any links to our website. The information that we collect about you will be stored by our email management system. The personal information that the email management system would collect about you is used so we can:
- ensure that you only receive correspondence that you have informed us that you wish to receive
- determine whether the information that we send to your is suitable for you interests, information needs and profile
- ensure that the email address that you have provided us is still operational
- determine whether emails that we send to you are received by you
- update a request that you make to us to unsubscribe from a publication that we send to you
- review the effectiveness and relevance of our emails to you by collecting other statistical information
Access to your personal information
You can gain access to personal information that we hold about you. If you request us to do so we will amend any personal information about you held by us which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Our payment system uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is required. To make purchases from us, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Netscape Navigator 3.0 or later or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
1. 4A uses the ePath Yearly Frequency agreement to auto-renew memberships. Payments for Annual Memberships are automatically renewed after 12 months depending on which subscription type you have chosen.
2. Your credit card will be charged for each such renewal at the fee in effect at the relevant time of renewal as displayed on the 4A site.The automatic payment will be scheduled to occur 7 days before the expiration of your current membership term.
3. 4A will endeavor to send membership renewal reminders to you by email 30 days before renewal of your membership is to take place, however it is your responsibility to note these emails and take action to cancel your renewal before the payment is processed in accordance with paragraph 2. Should you wish to discontinue your membership you may cancel it by emailing info@4A.com.au at least 14 working days prior to the expiry of your membership.
4. If you elect to cancel/terminate your membership at any time, any payments made towards your membership are non-refundable.
5. If any amount payable for your membership is not paid on the due date for any reason, access to membership benefits will be suspended until such time as payments are up to date.