Find Us & Visitor Information
Important visitor information // COVIDSafe visits to 4A:
4A is observing strict physical distancing and hygiene measures to protect the health of visitors and staff and minimise the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Any visitors to the 4A Centre for Contemporary Asian Art exhibition James Jirat Patradoon: ULTRA agree to comply with the following “Conditions of Entry”, which have been implemented in accordance with the current NSW Public Health (Covid-19) Order:
Conditions of entry // All visitors attending this exhibition shall:
- Not enter if you are unwell or, if in the last 14 days, you have experienced cold or flu symptoms, returned from overseas or been the close contact of an identified COVID case, or are subject to a public health order to isolate.
- Be encouraged to bring a mask and wear it throughout your visit. If you arrive without one and wish to wear a mask, a small number of masks may be available from 4A staff.
- Sign in via the COVID Safe Check In signage at entry points before entering the exhibition
- Adhere to 4A’s visitor limitation of a total of 15 visitors and staff in the space at any one time, with capacity not to exceed one visitor per 4 square metres of publicly accessible space, noting that children count towards the capacity limit.
- Adhere to 1.5m physical distancing between all staff and visitors will be implemented at all times, as guided by 4A staff
- Sanitise hands on entry to the space and practice good hand hygiene
- Comply with reasonable directions from staff
- Bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases (we won’t be accepting cash).
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people, including external spaces
- Consider booking a visit in advance to limit any potential for crowding
Engage with 4A programs offsite and online
The City of Sydney is currently undertaking remedial works to improve 4A’s Haymarket gallery. During this time, 4A is working on special projects online and offline to animate and enliven the Haymarket precinct.
See What’s On for program information at our temporary offsite location:
4A @ World Square, 644 George St. Sydney
The Haymarket renovation period ensures that 4A will continue to play a leading role in understanding and developing the dynamic relationship between Australia and the wider Asian region through contemporary art—for many years to come.
PO Box K1312
Haymarket, Sydney NSW 1240
T +61 2 9212 0380
For media enquiries, please contact:
Mariam Arcilla, Engagement and Development Manager
If you are an artist and would like to send information about your practice, we are happy to hear from you. Our program is a curated program driven by our curatorial research. We do not have a formal application or submission process. If you choose to send us material, please do so with an understanding of the mission of our organisation and with some knowledge of our program.
Do not send original material. Please note that any submitted material will not be returned.
Please email hello[at]4a[dot]com.au